" Inspiration Stuff for the Addiction Counselor... Quotes, Ideas, Downloads, Reviews and Gifts."

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Gift of Counseling ...

It is a quiet Sunday and I was touched by the smile and gentle clapping that greeted me from my father as I entered his bedside this morning. I don't know that he is aware of how he made my day with those two simple gestures toward me. He has Alzheimer's. Do you, like me, ever feel that you have to do a lot of hard work and preparation to make a difference in someone's life? A loved one, a client or yourself? It is a quiet Sunday-maybe- because my heart is full.
Before I go... a quote or two:

"If nature has made you a giver, your hands are born open, and so is your heart.  And, though there may be times when your hands are empty, your heart is always full; and, you can give out of that." -Frances Hodgson Burnett-
"Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another." - George Eliot -
The simple, wonderous acts of love like my Dad's reminds me of the magic moments other's experienced in the book and movie "Chocolat" ChocolatChocolat- a book by Joanne Harris.  Enjoy your Sunday.... Remembering:  " Today is...The Gift."

No comments:

Post a Comment